Abstract Online Submissions
- Online Submission Opens: November 16, 2015
- Abstract Submission Deadline: January 31, 2016 - 2359 PST
- Acceptance Notification: March 15, 2016 via email
- Mastery Sessions cannot be submitted via the Online Submission System
- Mastery Sessions must be submitted on the prescribed application with supporting documentation
- Email to CACCN National Office at email@example.com by January 31, 2016 at 2359 PST
- Mastery Session Submission Guidelines (PowerPoint)
- Mastery Session Submission Guidelines (download)
- Mastery Session Application
- Abstracts for electronic posters will be accepted
- Please review the following information: Electronic Poster Information
- The CACCN / Sage Products Poster Bursary provides an award to eligible applicants to attend the Dynamics of Critical Care Conference to present a poster with a focus on the prevention of complications or deleterious impacts of critical illness hospitalization.
- Ten funding opportunities of $500/each available
- Please review the Poster Bursary information at CACCN Awards
- Poster Bursary Applications must be submitted by January 31, 2016 by 2359 PST
- CACCN Member – use your CACCN user name and password. If you have forgotten this information, click here.
- Non CACCN Members - create a user name and password to access the system.
- Registration for the abstract submission does not include CACCN Membership registration.
- For membership processing, please visit: JOIN US
- Conflict of Interest: First author is required to disclose any conflict of interest on behalf of all authors.
- First Author: Name, Credentials, Address, Phone, Email, Employer
- Biography: First author/presenter biography (max 500 characters, including spaces)
- Names, Credentials, City, Province, Employer
- List all co-authors of your abstract.
- More authors than system allows? Send additional author information with the Abstract Submission Number to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time the abstract is submitted.
- Language: Abstracts may be submitted in English or French and if accepted, will be presented in the language of submission.
- Preferred format of presentation:
- NEW Electronic Poster - Please review: Electronic Poster Information
- Experience Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Expert and Applicable to all
- Focus: Paediatric, Adult, and Applicable to all
- Topic: Clinical, Education, Research and Leadership
- Keywords: Identify the keywords applicable to the submission
- Abstract Title: must clearly convey the topic of the presentation (maximum of 130 characters, including spaces)
- Abstract Description for Brochure: must clearly convey the topic/intent of the abstract presentation or poster (max 1000 characters, including spaces)
- Abstract: be concise regarding the topic/intent of the presentation (maximum of 2000 characters, including spaces)
- If copy/pasting the abstract – check the character count as the system is set up to only include the allowable number of characters - the abstract could be processed through the system as incomplete resulting in non-review.
- Submitted abstracts must be print ready.
- Special Characters - avoid the use of " - # % $ & ( ) ! +
- References: maximum of 5 – APA format, uploaded in a WORD document – do not upload any additional documents with the abstract.
- Failure to provide the information requested may result in the abstract being disqualified.
- Abstracts must be "print-ready" and cannot be revised once submitted and/or accepted
- First authors will receive a confirmation email with an abstract number after abstract submission – please retain this information.
- Notification regarding abstract selection will be provided by no later than March 01, 2016 via email to the first author / presenter.
- Abstract submission constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present the abstract if accepted at the Dynamics 2016 conference in September 2016 in Charlottetown, PEI
- All correspondence will be with first author/presenter only who will be responsible for communicating all relevant information to their co-authors
- Authors of accepted abstracts are expected to register for the conference (at minimum registration for the day of the presentation) and pay the conference registration fee, unless they qualify and apply for member coupon benefits
- One Member Coupon Benefit per accepted abstract
- Coupon may only be used once
- Coupon may be used by any of the authors of the abstract
- Refer to the CACCN Tuition Coupon Policy for more information regarding member coupon benefits
- In the event that the first author / presenter is unable to attend Dynamics, a co-author may be appointed as the first author and may present instead
- If the first author has registered for the conference at the time of withdrawal as a speaker, the registration fees paid will be refunded as per the Dynamics registration refund schedule
- The co-author / presenter will be required to register separately
- Expenses associated with the preparation, submission, presentation, travel, accommodation, meals, etc of an abstract are the responsibility of the author(s)
- Abstracts will be published in Canadian Journal of Critical Care Nursing, Summer 2016 Edition
- Abstracts selected for presentation may be withdrawn through email notification to CACCN National Office before July 1, 2016.
Dynamics 2016 Call for Abstracts
Changing tides in critical care nursing:
Riding the waves together to provide quality care
Critical care nurses have always been on the leading edge of change. The realities of our aging population, increasing complexity of disease and treatments, rapid advances in technology and environments of care, funding limitations and shifting societal expectations are forces that drive this tide of change and test our capacity to lead and adapt.
Dynamics 2016 in Charlottetown will address how these tides rise and recede in a never-ending cycle. We will explore the vital role of the Canadian critical care nurse in collaboratively building the future of critical illness care for Canadians. We will share new knowledge, inspire leadership and nurture innovation. Delegates will be galvanized and prepared to navigate and be the difference, today and in the future
The Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses / Association Canadienne des Infirmières et des infirmers en Soins Intensifs invites submissions for oral and poster presentations in the general topic areas of clinical practice, education, research and leadership.
Review the following information carefully before proceeding with your online abstract submission. The instructions for submission are available for download for printing/reference.
Key Dates and Deadlines:
NEW for 2016 Mastery Sessions
NEW for 2016 Electronic Posters
Sage Poster Bursary
Accessing the Online Submission System
Preparing Your Abstract Submission
Completion of the Abstract Submission
Are you submitting an abstract for a Mastery Session? If so, please reveiw the Information at the top of this page for submission details. Mastery Sessions cannot be submitted via the Online Submission System. Those submitted online will not be considered for presentation.
Questions may be directed to:
Dynamics 2016 Abstracts
Email: email@example.com * Toll Free: 1-866-477-9077 * Telephone: (519) 649-5284
Facsimile: (519) 649-1458