Abstract Online Submissions
- Abstracts must be submitted via the CACCN website at www.caccn.ca
- Submission Deadline: January 31, 2015 by 2359 Eastern Time
- Incomplete submissions will not be accepted
- All requested abstract requirements must be met
- Abstracts should be print ready when entered into the system. Modification of the abstract and authors/presenters cannot be made after submission
- Abstract submission indicates acceptance of and compliance with the rules outlined in this document. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in rejection of the abstract.
- Members – use your CACCN User name and Password. If you have forgotten, click here
- Non-Members - create a User name and Password to access the system.
- Preferred format of presentation: Oral or Poster
- Experience Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Expert or Applicable to all
- Focus: Paediatric, Adult, or Applicable to all
- Topic: Clinical, Education, Research or Leadership
- Abstract Title
- Abstract description of the Abstract: this information will be included in the conference brochure
- Abstract: this information will be printed in Dynamics: Journal of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Abstract References
- First Author/Presenter Contact Information
- Biography for First Author/Presenter (500 character maximum)
- Co-Author/Presenter(s) Names, City, Province and Credentials: list all co-authors of your abstract even if they will not be presenting at Dynamics should the abstract be accepted
- Submissions must be evidence-informed and ideally address the conference theme
- Submission will be blind reviewed on the following criteria:
- Presentation: organization, spelling, grammar
- Clarity: accuracy, ideas conveyed clearly
- Scholarly Merit: Scholarly, evidence-based, informative, quality references provided
- Relevance: Importance to critical care nursing, connection to conference theme
- Be concise when writing the abstract description and the abstract submission.
- Abstract title (maximum of 130 characters incl. spaces). The title and references are not included in the character count.
- Abstract description (maximum of 1,000 characters, incl. spaces).
- Abstract submission (maximum of 2,000 characters, incl. spaces).
- Special Characters - avoid the use of the following characters in your abstract as the characters may not download correctly - # % $ & ( ) ! +
- The abstract submission must be de-identified – do not include any identifying information in the title, description, body of the abstract or in the reference document i.e. author names, hospital names, city, province, acronyms, etc.
- The submitting author is required to disclose any conflict of interest on behalf of all authors.
- Upon successful submission, presenters will receive a confirmation email with an abstract number (please retain this information)
- Notification regarding abstract selection will be provided by no later than March 15, 2015 via email to the first author / presenter.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present the abstract as accepted.
- All correspondence will be with first author/presenter only.
- The first author / presenter is responsible for communicating all relevant information to their co-authors.
- In the event that the first author / presenter is unable to attend Dynamics, one or more of the co-authors / presenter(s) may be appointed as the first author and may present instead.
- Authors of accepted abstracts are expected to register for the conference (at minimum registration for the day of the presentation) and pay the conference registration fee, unless they qualify and apply for member coupon benefits.
- One Member Coupon Benefit per abstract accepted.
- Refer to the CACCN Tuition Coupon Policy, Page 3, Conference Abstract Presenters for more information regarding member coupon benefits.
- Expenses associated with the preparation, submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the presenting author(s).
- If the first author has registered for the conference at the time of withdrawal as a speaker, the registration fees paid will be refunded as per the Dynamics registration refund schedule.
- The co-author / presenter will be required to register separately.
- Abstracts will be published in Dynamics: Journal of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses.
- Abstracts selected for presentation may be withdrawn through email notification to CACCN National Office before July 1, 2015.
Dynamics 2015 Call for Abstracts
Submission Guidelines / Information
IMPORTANT: Please review the following information carefully before proceeding with your abstract submission. The instructions for submission can be downloaded for printing/reference.
Download: Submission Guidelines
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Accessing the System
Preparing Your Abstract Submission
The CACCN/Dynamics Abstract Submission Process includes the following requests for information:
Abstract Submission Requirements
Completion of the Abstract Submission
Notification of Abstract Acceptance
Questions may be directed to:
Dynamics 2015 Abstracts - Email: email@example.com
Toll Free: 1-866-477-9077 * Telephone: (519) 649-5284
Facsimile: (519) 649-1458