BBraun Sharing Expertise Award
The B|Braun Sharing Expertise Award is presented to an individual who exhibits stellar leadership and mentoring abilities in critical care.
The candidate is an individual who supports, encourages, and teaches colleagues. The candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to the practice of critical care nursing and the nursing profession. These qualities may be demonstrated by continuous learning, professional involvement, and a commitment to guiding novice nurses in critical care.
Each nomination must have the support of another colleague and the individual’s manager. It is not necessary for the candidate to be in a formal leadership or education role to qualify for this award.
Award Funds Available: $1000
Deadline for Submission: June 1
Send applications to CACCN National Office at email@example.com
Mail to CACCN, P. O. Box # 25322, London, ON, N6C 6B1
Mailed applications must be post marked no later than June 1
- Nominee must be a CACCN member for a minimum of one (1) year
- The nominee must have at least three (3) years of critical care nursing experience
- At least one nomination letter must be written by a CACCN member
- Preference is given to a mentor who has CNA Certification
- The nominee must demonstrate an awareness of, and adherence to, the standards of nursing practice as determined by the provincial nursing body, and the Standards of Critical Care Nursing (2009)
- CACCN Board of Directors are exempt from applying for the award
Three (3) letters of support are required:
- The nominator must outline the qualities of the candidate, and reasons the candidate should be chosen to receive the award;
- Two additional letters must testify to the eligibility of the candidate, as well as outline his/her attributes (one must be written by the nominee’s manager);
- All three letters must be sent by electronic mail by each person on the same day with the subject matter: “BBraun Sharing Expertise Award – Candidate’s Name” to the Director responsible for awards at National Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Each nomination will be reviewed by the Awards Committee in conjunction with the CACCN Director of Awards & Sponsors;
- The successful candidate will be notified by email and regular mail.
- The successful candidate will be recognized at the annual Awards Ceremony at the Dynamics conference and her/his name will be published in Dynamics, the Official Journal of the CACCN;
- The awards committee reserves the right to withhold the award if no candidate meets the criteria;
- The funds may be used to attend educational programs or conferences related to critical care.
- The Awards Committee reserves the right to withhold the award if no candidate meets the criteria outlined
The CACCN Board of Directors & BBraun Medical retains the right to amend the award criteria.