The Smiths Educational Award
The CACCN Educational Awards sponsored by Smiths Medical Canada have been established to provide funds ($1000.00 each) to assist critical care nurses to attend continuing education programs at the baccalaureate, masters and doctorate of nursing levels.
All critical care nurses in Canada are eligible to apply, except members of the CACCN board of directors.
Deadline for Submission: January 31 and September 1 annually Send applications to CACCN National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 519-649-1458 Smiths Medical Canada Educational Award Application (word format) Smiths Medical Canada Educational Award Application (PDF format)
Award Funds Available: $ 1,000.00 each
or mail to CACCN, P. O. Box # 25322, London, ON, N6C 6B1
Deadline for Submission: January 31 and September 1 annually
Send applications to CACCN National Office at email@example.com or fax to 519-649-1458
Smiths Medical Canada Educational Award Application (word format)
Smiths Medical Canada Educational Award Application (PDF format)
- Be a member of CACCN in good standing for a minimum of one (1) year.
- Demonstrate the equivalent of one (1) full year of recent critical care nursing experience in the year of the application.
- Submit a letter of reference from his/her current employer.
- Be accepted to an accredited school of nursing or recognized critical care program of direct relevance to the practice, administration, teaching and research of critical care nursing.
- Has not been the recipient of this award in the past two years.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered; quality of application will be a factor in selecting recipient.
- Submit a completed CACCN educational award application package to National Office.
- Preference will be given to applicants with the highest number of merit points.
- Keep a record of merit points, dating back three (3) years.
- Submit all required documentation outlined in criteria - candidate will be disqualified if the documentation is not submitted with the application.
- Presentations considered for merit points are those that are not prepared as part of your regular role/responsibilities.
- Oral and poster presentations will be considered.
- All applications will be acknowledged in writing from the awards committee.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified individually by the awards committee.
Recipients will be acknowledged at the Dynamics of Critical Care Conference and be published in the journal.