The Smiths Educational Award
The Smiths Medical Canada Educational Awards have been established to provide funds ($1000.00 each) to assist critical care nurses to attend continuing education programs at the baccalaureate, masters and doctorate levels.
Award Funds Available Two awards annually - $ 1000.00
Deadline for Submission January 31 and September 1
Send applications to CACCN National Office at email@example.com or fax to 519-649-1458 or
Mail to: CACCN, P. O. Box # 25322, London, ON, N6C 6B1
Mailed applications must be postmarked on or before January 31 or September 1
Download Application: word
The applicant must:
- be an active member of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses for a minimum of one (1) year.
- be accepted to an accredited continuing education program relevant to the practice, administration, teaching and research of critical care nursing.
- has not been the recipient of this award in the past two years.
- Submit a completed Smiths Medical Canada Educational Award application including all required documentation
- Submit a letter of reference from current employer.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Presentations considered for merit points are those that are not prepared as part of your regular employment role / responsibilities - oral and poster presentations will be considered.
- CACCN reserves the right to withhold the award if no candidate meets the criteria.
- The successful candidate will be notified via email and regular mail.
- The successful candidate will be recognized at the Awards Ceremony at the Dynamics of Critical Care Conference (annually in September);
- The successful candidates name/photograph will be published in Dynamics, Journal of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses (Winter edition);
- Current members of the National Board of Directors are not eligible.
The Board of Directors of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses & Smiths Medical Canada retain the right to amend the award criteria.
Smiths Medical Canada Educational Award
Content Revision: March 2014