British Columbia Chapter
Set between the province of Alberta and the Pacific Ocean, British Columbia is Canada’s most westerly province. BC entered the confederation in 1871, Victoria is our capital city and we have a population of approximately 4 million people. There is a rich first nation’s art and history to discover. Vancouver, although not our capital is a multicultural, cosmopolitan city with something for everyone.
There are 6 health Authorities that make up the BC chapter:
- Northern Health Authority
- North Eastern, North Western and North Interior BC.
- This includes Cities and townships North of and Including Prince George
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- Includes Vancouver, Richmond and the North Shore/Coast Garibaldi Region
- Interior Health Authority
- Includes the Thompson/Cariboo, Okanagan, Kootenay/Boundary and East Kootenay Regions
- Fraser Health Authority
- Includes the Fraser region
- Provincial Health Services Autority
- PHSA coordinates many BC-wide health services and programs such as: the BC Cancer Agency, BC Centre for Disease Control, BC Children's Hospital, BC Transplant, Cardiac Services BC and Perinatal services BC. For a complete list visit the PHSA website.
- Yukon Territory
The British Columbia Chapter of CACCN supports continuing education for its members. We have worked to support our members in providing the best possible care of critically ill patients in BC.
So, that's who the BC chapter of the CACCN represents, but who the heck are we really? What do we do? and what do we want?
Check out our June 2016 Membership report. Like all good reports, it has lots of pictures.
If you want to find out a little more about us and what individual members are doing today, check out our facebook group. Join the Facebook page and share what you are up to. BC Chapter - CACCN
British Columbia Chapter Executive
- President - Vininder K Bains - CNS Critical Care - Providence Health Care
- Vice President - recruiting for position
- Treasurer - Marta Musa - ICU RN - Providence Health Care
- Communications - recruiting for position
- Regional Rep. - Crystal White - Director, Critical Care Netowork & CNS Services
- Executive Members at Large
- Lynne James - CNS Critical Care - Interior Health Authority
- Sarah Crowe - CNS Critical Care - Fraser Health Authority
The Schedule of meetings are (mostly) at
12:00-1:00pm on first Monday of the month
Current schedule is:
- Monday, November 7, 2016 at 12:00 to 1:00pm
December 5, 2016at 12:00 to 1:00pm - Rescheduled (Nov 28 )
- Monday, January 9, 2017 at 12:00 to 1:00pm
- Monday, February 6, 2017 at 12:00 to 1:00pm
- WED. FEB 22, 2017 - CRITICAL CARE RESEARCH & KT ROUNDTABLE
- Monday, March 6, 2017 at 12:00 to 1:00pm
- Monday, April 3, 2017 at 12:00 to 1:00pm
- Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:00 to 1:00pm
- Monday, June 5, 2017 (AGM) either half-day or full-day event
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING,
All BC Chapter Members are Welcome to attend any meeting.
February 6, 2017 - TENTATIVE AGENDA (please send in your agenda item requests)
- Approval of minutes
- Treasurer's Report
- Members Report
- Ongoing recruiting for Vice & Communications
- Planning the Critical Care Research and Knowledge Translation Roundtable - Feb 22, 2017
- Planning for the CACCN Ed Day and AGM (June 5)
- Minutes for 2016:
- Newsletters: Archive
- Past Minutes 2014:
- Past Minutes 2014
- Past Minutes 2013
Contact: For more information on the Chapter, please contact: email@example.com.