British Columbia Chapter
Set between the province of Alberta and the Pacific Ocean, British Columbia is Canada’s most westerly province. BC entered the confederation in 1871, Victoria is our capital city and we have a population of approximately 4 million people. There is a rich first nation’s art and history to discover. Vancouver, although not our capital is a multicultural, cosmopolitan city with something for everyone.
There are 6 health Authorities that make up the BC chapter:
- Northern Health Authority
- North Eastern, North Western and North Interior BC.
- This includes Cities and townships North of and Including Prince George
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- Includes Vancouver, Richmond and the North Shore/Coast Garibaldi Region
- Interior Health Authority
- Includes the Thompson/Cariboo, Okanagan, Kootenay/Boundary and East Kootenay Regions
- Fraser Health Authority
- Includes the Fraser region
- Provincial Health Services Autority
- PHSA coordinates many BC-wide health services and programs such as: the BC Cancer Agency, BC Centre for Disease Control, BC Children's Hospital, BC Transplant, Cardiac Services BC and Perinatal services BC. For a complete list visit the PHSA website.
- Yukon Territory
The British Columbia Chapter of CACCN supports continuing education for its members. We have worked to support our members in providing the best possible care of critically ill patients in BC.
British Columbia Chapter Executive
- President - Vininder K Bains - CNS Critical Care - Providence Health Care
- Vice President - recruiting for position
- Treasurer - Janice Leonard - Patient Care Manager ICU - Providence Health Care
- Communications - recruiting for position
- Regional Rep. - Crystal White - Director, Critical Care Netowork & CNS Services
- Executive Members at Large
- Lynne James - CNS Critical Care - Interior Health Authority
- Sarah Crowe - CNS Critical Care - Fraser Health Authority
Next Meeting Details TBA (between Sept. 28 & October 8)
- Newsletters: Archive
- Past Minutes 2014:
- Past Minutes 2014
- Past Minutes 2013
Contact: For more information on the Chapter, please contact: email@example.com.