Interior Health - CC Transport Nurses
A+ Critical Care Transport Nurses
Job ID: 00421894
Status: Permanent Full Time
Exciting! Touching Lives! Room for Growth! Independent Practice!
Interior Health’s High Acuity Response Team (HART) program is seeking critical care/emergency trained nurses to be part of our innovative and award winning ground transport program.
The HART program supports patient care at rural and remote healthcare sites and ensures acutely ill adult and pediatric patients are moved to a higher level of care. The mobile critical care response team includes highly skilled RN’s and RT’s who perform vital assessment and intervention in a dynamic work environment.
HART teams cover the Southern Interior region of British Columbia with four base facilities at the following locations:
- Cranbrook in the heart of the East Kootenay region and bordering the Rocky Mountains
- Trail in the lush Selkirk Mountains of the West Kootenay region
- Kamloops in the serene and beautiful Thompson Shuswap region
- Penticton in the world renowned Okanagan Valley region.
- Vernon future expansion
HART nurses also provide ground critical care outreach and trauma support in their base facilities and have opportunities to teach and mentor less experienced staff. Interior Health provides ACLS, PALS, TNCC, NRP and ENPC training for the HART team.
If you are confident in your nursing and critical thinking skills, have excellent communication skills and are comfortable working autonomously and in a team environment, we would love to talk with you about career opportunities with the HART team at Interior Health.
Come live, work and play where others dream of vacationing! Make a difference! Love your work!
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Successful completion of an accredited critical care/emergency training course and/or certificate, a minimum of three years recent related experience caring for critically ill/injured patients including experience performing inter-facility patient transfers; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Successful completion of an accredited trauma course such as Transport Nurse Advanced Trauma Course, International Trauma Life Support Course (ITLS), Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Course (PHTLS); or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Visit Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca and apply to competition #00421894