Registered Nurse - Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Download Employment Advertisement
We currently have exciting regular full time opportunities in our Schulich Heart Centre for Registered Nurses to work in our Gilbert Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) and our Cardiac Cath Lab. The main functions of the RN include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy. The RN supports the Philosophy of Patient-Centered Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with other members of the multi-professional team.
In addition, in the Cardiac Cath Lab, the RN sets up and assists with Diagnostic and Interventional procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab including but not limited to Vascular and Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty, Stenting, IVUS, and Rotablation, TAVI, MitraClip and other procedures, Implantation of Pacemakers and Internal Cardiac Defibrillators, and Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations; Scrub, circulate, hemodynamic monitoring of patients, use of Power Injector procedures in the Cath Lab; Preparation and recovery of patients in our short stay unit; Requires regular wearing of lead aprons during shifts.
- Current Certification with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and stressful environment in a positive manner
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to Cardiology/Cardiovascular
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, such as patient-centered care, participation in nursing council, unit committees, and quality improvement projects
Gilbert CICU RN must possess:
- Current BCLS Certificate required; ACLS preferred
- Critical Care Certificate required
- One year recent ICU experience required
- One year recent experience in the care of post PCI and EP patients a must
- Arrhythmia Interpretation required
- Experience with venipuncture required
Cath Lab RN must possess:
- BCLS and ACLS required
- Coronary Care Certificate, Emergency Nursing Certificate or Critical Care Certificate required
- Recent clinical experience in a cath lab or equivalent setting an asset
- Electrophysiology experience an asset
At Sunnybrook, it’s about more than delivering quality patient care, pioneering non-invasive medicine, or exceeding all expectations for customer service excellence. It’s about having the opportunity to be more challenged, more engaged, more fulfilled as a professional and as an individual, recognized for your personal contributions to the future of Sunnybrook and of cutting-edge health care.
As one of Canada’s premier academic health sciences centres, we impact the lives of one million patients every year who count on us when it matters most. And, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we have a vibrant culture where all members of our team are encouraged to continue to learn and grow, to achieve more, to be more innovative and go the extra mile in their day-to-day encounters with patients, families and each other.
To learn more about Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, visit us online at www.sunnybrook.ca.
Qualified candidates who are interested in working in either area of the Schulich Heart Centre are invited to apply via http://sunnybrook.ca/employment/position.asp?c=7&id=3903&page=34014
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Posted: May 29, 2017
Expires: June 29, 2017