Dynamics 2013 Conference Presentations
Shattering the Silence: Voices of Advocacy in Critical Care Nursing
September 22 to 24, 2013
Important Information: Not all presentations will be available, as presenters must provide permission for the information to be posted to the website. All presentations, graphics, photographs, and text appearing in these presentations are protected by copyright. Printing and copying for personal use is acceptable. Redistribution and/or commercial use is prohibited without express written permission of CACCN. Please contact National Office at email@example.com, providing your name, contact telephone, contact email, and the purpose for redistribution of the materials. The Board of Directors of CACCN will review your request and respond.
- Respiratory Preconference Session
- 1B Critical Care Obstetrical Care: It Takes a Village to Ensure Quality!
- 1F The Relationship Between Empowerment, Work Environment, Work Satisfaction, Intent to Leave and Quality of Care of Canadian Nurses
- L2 Using People, Process and Technology to Enhance Care for Patients and Their Caregivers
- 2C R.A.T. Team to the Rescue: The Development and Implementation of a Rapid Response Program at a Regional Facility
- 2E CODE BURN!
- 3B A Role for Nurse Practitioners in the ICU: Advocating for Change
- 3C Obstetrical Emergencies 101: High Stakes High Anxiety!
- 3E Current CRRT Practices in Canadian Hospitals: What a Survey Found
- 4A Hearing from the Silent: Patients Experiences of Family Presence During Resuscitation
- 4E Delirium in the ICU - Why All the Confusion?
- 5B What Are We Waiting For? Say 'No' to Iatrogenic Pneumothorax!
- 5C "Got You Surrounded" - An Exploration of Issues Associated with Pericardial Dysfunction in Postoperative Cardiac Surgery Patients
- 5E Advocating for Haitian Cultural Considerations with Organ and Tissue Donation
- L3 From Little to Large: How Important are Tidal Volumes? Innovations in Mechanical Ventilation
- 6A Shatter the Silence: Start the Discussion: Moral Distress in Critical Care
- 6D Barriers That Delay Achievement of Target Cooling Goal in Post Cardiac Arrest Adult Patients: A Restrospective Chart Review
- 6F The Benefit of Focus Groups: The Experience of Critical Care Nurses Who Participated in a Needs Assessment
- 7B Improving the Management of Delirium
- 7C Out From Under the Covers: An Exploration of Critical Care Nurses' Experience of Night Shift Fatigue and Workplace Napping
- 7D Reduction in Vent Days after Adopting a New Sedation Scale and an Intense Education Effort Emphasizing Lighter Sedation Goals
- 7F Advocating for Comprehensive Post-Resuscitation Care
- 8B The Critically Injured Elderly: Not Just Another Trauma Patient
- 8D Sustained Low Efficient Dialysis (SLED): A New Look at Renal Replacement Therapy