Information for Authors
Dr. Paula Price, Editor, The Canadian Journal of Critical Care Nursing - firstname.lastname@example.org
with a copy to CACCN National Office at email@example.com
The Canadian Journal of Critical Care Nursing (CJCCN) is distributed to members of the CACCN, to individuals, and to institutions interested in critical care nursing.
The editorial board invites submissions on any of the following: clinical, education, management, research and professional issues in critical care nursing.
Critical care encompasses a diverse field of clinical situations which are characterised by the nursing care of patients and their families with complex, acute and life-threatening biopsychosocial risk. While the patient’s problems are primarily physiologic in nature, the psychosocial impact of the health problem on the patient and family is of equal and sometimes lasting intensity.
Articles on any aspect of critical care nursing are welcome.
The manuscripts are reviewed through a blind, peer review process.
Manuscripts submitted for publication must follow the following format:
1. Title page with the following information
- Author(s) name and credentials, position
- Place of employment
- If there is more than one author, the names should be listed in the order that they should appear in the published article
- Indicate the primary person to contact and address for correspondence
2. A brief abstract of the article on a separate page.
3. Body of manuscript:
- Length: a maximum of 15 pages including tables, figures, and references.
- Format: double spaced, 1 inch margins on all sides. Pages should be numbered sequentially including tables, and figures. Prepare the manuscript in the style as outlined in the American Psychological Association's (APA) Publication Manual 6th Edition.
- Use only generic names for products and drugs.
- Tables, figures, illustrations and photographs must be submitted each on a separate page after the references.
- References: the author is responsible for ensuring that the work of other individuals is acknowledged accordingly. Direct or indirect quotes must be acknowledged according to APA guidelines.
- Permission to use copyrighted material must be obtained by the author and included as a letter from the original publisher when used in the manuscript.
- Manuscripts submitted and published in Dynamics become the property of CACCN. Authors submitting to Dynamics are asked to enclose a letter stating that the article has not been previously published and not under consideration by another journal.
- Please submit the manuscript electronically as a word attachment to the editorial office as printed in the journal. Hard copy manuscripts may also be submitted through the national office. Accepted manuscripts are subject to copy editing.
- All authors must declareany conflicts of interest and acknowledge that they have made substantial contributions to the work and/or contributed substantially to the manuscript at the time of acceptance by completing the Author Declaration.