The Editorial Awards
The Editorial Awards will be presented to the authors of two written papers in Dynamics: The Journal of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses which demonstrate the achievement of excellence in the area of critical care nursing.
- $ 750.00 award will be given to the author(s) of the best article
- $ 500.00 award will be given to the author(s) of the runner-up article
Articles included in Dynamics Fall, Winter and Spring journals are automatically considered.
Send manuscripts for publication to CACCN National Office at email@example.com or
fax to 519-649-1458 or Mail to CACCN, P. O. Box # 25322, London, ON, N6C 6B1
Please refer to the Information for Authors prior to submitting your manuscript.
- The author is an active member of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses (minimum of one year). Should there be more than one author, at least one has to be an active member of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses (minimum of one year)
- The author(s) is prepared to present the paper at Dynamics of Critical Care (optional).
- The paper contains original work, not previously published by the author(s).
- Members of the CACCN board of directors, awards committee or editorial committee of CACCN are excluded from participation in these awards.
Criteria for evaluation
- The topic is approached from a nursing perspective.
- The paper demonstrates relevance to critical care nursing.
- The content is readily applicable to critical care nursing.
- The topic contains information or ideas that are current, innovative, unique and/or visionary.
- The author was not the recipient of the award in the previous year.
The paper is written according to the established guidelines for writing a manuscript for Dynamics, the Journal of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses.
- The papers are selected by the awards committee in conjunction with the CACCN board of directors.
- The awards committee reserves the right to withhold the awards if no papers meet the criteria.
The awards are presented by CACCN at the Dynamics of Critical Care Conference and included in Dynamics, The Journal of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses.
Use of Award Funds
It is expected the award funds will be used for professional development.
More specifically, the funds must be used by the recipient:
- within 12 months following the announcement of the winners, or within a reasonable time;
- to cover and/or allay costs incurred while attending critical care nursing-related educational courses, seminars, workshops, conferences or special programs or projects approved by the CACCN, and
- to further one’s career development in the area of critical care nursing.