June 5th, 2017 - BC Chapter Event
Creating a Better Critical Care Environment & AGM
Please join us for an interactive exploration on how we can make our critical care environment better. Download your own Poster of this event by clicking HERE
JUNE 5, 2017 9:00 am to 2:30 pm
Moving from Moral Distress to Moral Integrity in Intensive Care Units - Dr. Peter Dodek MD
Moral distress develops when professionals believe they know what the right thing to do is, but feel powerless to act because of internal or external constraints. In this presentation I will describe studies that have measured the magnitude, causes, and consequences of moral distress in ICU personnel. In addition, I will present information about a new, interactive on-line tool to assess moral conflict and resilience.
How Healthy is Your Workplace? Dr. Sandra Goldsworthy RN
An interactive presentation exploring the current state of critical care nursing environments with the aim to discuss challenges, opportunities and innovations that can improve the work environment, thus ultimately enhancing job satisfaction, promote nurse retention.
PANEL DISCUSSION - Facing the Critical Care Nurse Shortage Together: A Multifaceted Approach
CATERED LUNCH - Sponsored by Phillips
Fast & Focused Presentations - CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
It could be you! Download the form from HERE and submit your abstract to email@example.com
- CACCN Member and Non CACCN Members can apply
- Abstract Submission Deadline: April 7th, 2017 @ 2359 PST.
- Abstract submission process start: March 8th, 2017 @ 2359 PST.
- Abstract Acceptance: April 14th 2017 (via email to Primary Author)
- Presenter Acceptance: April 17, 2017 @ 2359 PST. (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If selected, please be prepared to forward your power point presentation slides to the planning committee by May 30th, @ 2359 PST. (via email to email@example.com). This is so they can be shared with Satellite Sites and members. Your slides will also be shared on the BC Chapter Webpage http://www.caccn.ca/en/chapters/bc/educational_events.html
EVENT FOLLOWED BY THE BC CHAPTER AGM 2:30-3:30 PM
Free to attend the AGM and everyone is welcome. You will also be able to Join the AGM Online with GoToMeeting.
While the AGM is free, The Event is $25. CACCN members get a $10 rebate upon arrival. Become a CACCN member by July 1st, and the rebate will be mailed to you.
Register for either the Event, or AGM or both by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your name, email, address, membership status, and which events you wish to attend. RSVP by June 1, 2017.
Date to Remember
September 13, 2017 - World Sepsis Day
CACCN National EVENT
DYNAMICS 2017 - TORONTO - Sept 25-27, 2017
Click on the link for more information
Date to Remember
Canadian Intensive Care Week 2017
October 30 to November 5, 2017
PAST EVENTS 2017
February 22, 2017 at 1:00 to 3:00pm
If you want to learn more about the speaker presentations, click on the link to download a PDF of the slides.
- An overview & benefits of the mobility pathway being created for CRRT patients.
- Sarah Crowe, MN, RN CNCC(C)
- CNS – Critical Care, Fraser Health Authority
- This presentation will highlight some of the unique challenges, strategies and adaptations used in the implementation and ongoing maintanence of a Critical Care Outreach Team at Cowichan District Hospital.
- Griffin Halme, RN BSN
- Coordinator ICU, 2W Medical - Cowichan District Hospital
- The 3 Wishes Project at VGH: Improving the quality of end-of-life care by taking a different approach.
- Allana LeBlanc, MN, RN CNCC(C)
- CNS – Critical Care & High Acuity, Vancouver General Hospital
- A QI project to improve the documentation and management of Delirium in ICU patients using the CAM-ICU.
- Holly Delitzoy, BSN, RN ACCN
- Critical Care Informatics – Royal Inland Hospital
- An evolving vision for supporting self-care amongst critical care nurses as foundation for personal well-being and workplace resilience.
- Mary Gilliespie, MN, RN CNCC(C), Certified Integral Life Coach
- Integral Life Coach & Critical Care Educator
Please forward your suggestions for future events to email@example.com
Consider submitting an application to write the CNA certification exam for critical care. See https://nurseone.ca/certification for more details.